A/C Repair and Maintenance
Your car's interior comfort is critical to provide you with an excellent and comfortable driving experience. The air conditioning system is vital when the temperatures hit extreme levels. That said, it is essential to ensure that the system is operating correctly to enable you to adjust your interior climate accordingly. When you need professional AC repair services, University Tire & Auto Service is here to help.
The overall climate control system within your vehicle is designed to cool the cabin during hot weather and heat it when the temperatures drop. There are some issues within this entire system that can affect both the heating and cooling, so getting your vehicle into our shop as soon as you notice an issue with either is important.
We are focused on ensuring that you continue experiencing great interior comfort and drive safely by providing superior air conditioning service. Our experience in the automotive repair sector spans over three decades, and we have repaired AC systems in a variety of vehicles including domestic SUVs and pick-up trucks to imported cars, such as Mercedes, Volkswagen, Mazda, and Honda, Audi, among others. You can be sure that our professionals will properly service or repair your vehicle air conditioning system when you need it most.
Components of an Auto AC System
A vehicle's air conditioning system has five major parts. They include:
- Compressor – The main part of the AC unit, a compressor pressurizes the coolant to reduce the temperature and control the temperature output.
- Condenser – Situated in front of the radiator, a condenser reduces the temperature levels of hot gases released by the compressor. It also transfers cooled liquid refrigerant to the receiver.
- Receiver/Accumulator – The receiver or accumulator's work is to ensure that the gases entering the compressor are free from moisture.
- Thermal expansion valve or orifice tube – Located between the compressor and evaporator, the thermal expansion valve/orifice tube regulates the AC system's pressure and temperature.
- Evaporator – An evaporator cools the air with the refrigerant before releasing to into your car's cabin.
University Tire & Auto Service has ASE certified technicians who understand how each part works and how to repair them efficiently.
Signs That Your Car's AC Needs Repair
- Bad smell/odor
- The air is not cold
- An irritating rattling noise
- The AC blowing out weak air
- No air coming out of the evaporator
If you need car A/C repair in Los Angeles, CA, bring your vehicle to University Tire & Auto Service today! Give us a call or schedule your next visit using our online appointment form.