A Commitment to the Environment
We take pride in being one of the few shop in the entire state (and the only in Los Angeles) that has qualified under the California Certified Green Station program. This program recognizes repair facilities that have gone the extra mile, adopting new measures to reduce our impact on our environment.
These measures include:
- Switching to aqueous parts cleaners, rather than the use of VOC solvents
- Using only non-chlorinated cleaning products
- Shipping spent antifreeze and oil offsite for recycling
- Segregating and draining oil filters for offsite recycling
- Recycling all waste materials (metals, plastic, cardboard packaging, etc.)
- Use of in-ground oil water separators
- Employing a laundry service for dirty rags
- Participating in lead-acid battery exchange service
- Switching to drought-tolerant plants and drip irrigation for all landscaping
- Eliminating onsite car washing (saves about 100 gal water per vehicle)
Of course, the greatest impact we have on the environment is through our daily mission repairing and maintaining our customers' vehicles. That is, by ensuring the vehicles are optimized for fuel efficiency, and prolonging their effective service life, we can save our customers thousands of dollars from having to prematurely replace their cars, and lessen the significant impact of energy and resources that went into manufacturing them in the first place.